Due to the modular and flexible design AutoOCR can not only use a specific OCR engine, but can also integrate several different OCR engines and use parallel. AutoOCR can therefore always be adapted and extended to new OCR developments and products – and the user may, depending on requirements, select the most appropriate solution for him. An unlimited IOCR Standard OCR Engine is integrated with AutoOCR.
- Monitoring folders or folder structures – according to newly added or modified documents (PDF, TIF, PNG, JPG, BMP, GIF, PCX, DCX)
- Non Stop – monitoring the Hot Folder for server-based processing
- Command Line call for start of processing as required
- “Custom Action Scripts” on C # and VB.NET allow to perform actions before and after the processing of a file
- Supports several different OCR engines – currently iOCR and OmniPage
- Creates “hybrid”, full-text searchable and indexable, PDF documents
- Logging of conversions / errors / warnings in a database
- E-mail notification in case of error / Preserved documents in an archive folder, Error – Documents are moved to an error folder.
This allows the scans to be optimized and improved before OCR recognition in order to increase recognition accuracy and improve image quality. Image processing is also part of AutoOCR light.
File output also as PDF/A-1b, 2b, 3b
This enables the PDF files generated by the OCR process to be optimized and compressed to a minimum. In order to create the smallest possible PDF files after OCR processing, PDFCompressor processing can be added to the OCR process.
Option: SOAP Web-Service / REST
AutoOCR can be accessed via HTTP as OCR service. A C # WCF – sample application, as well as a PHP REST Library are available for free
The OmniPage OCR engine can be activated and is included in AutoOCR setup for AutoOCR or AutoOCRLight from version 2.0.7 as an option in addition to IOCR (Tesseract OCR). For AutoOCRLight, the OmniPage OCR can be separately downloaded and installed.
Please note that for licensing reasons the OmniPage OCR Engine can only be installed on client operating systems – Windows 7/10 but not on Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016 or 2019. The setup can only be performed on Windows 7/10. In terms of performance and stability, this is not a disadvantage.
Maintenance agreement is optional but highly recommended!
Maintenance includes updates, patches and product support. Also applies to software products by the manufacturer or X KEY MAY Computer GmbH: New Releases (change the first digit of the version number) you receive under this agreement by 50% of the list price. Licenses for a new release within 6 months of purchase, customers receive free of charge with upright maintenance agreement.
A maintenance agreement for the MAY or XKEY products is valid for 12 months and is payable in advance. The maintenance agreement will not automatically be renewed, but we do remind you of this possibility in time.