The PDFCompressor Service, installed as a MS-Windows service, offers a REST / SOAP web service interface and makes it possible to compress PDF files via the server service in order to generate as compact PDF files as possible. The processing is based on our C#/ .NET PDFCompressor component.
Together with the main application, C# sample projects for SOAP and REST including source code and executable applications are installed. With the help of these examples, all PDF compression and optimization functions provided by the PDFCompressor service can be testet and quickly integrated into your own applications.
Functions PDFCompressor Service:
- MS-Windows service
- REST and SOAP – Web-Service interface, compatible with all our other web service applications such as: FileConverterPro (FCpro) or AutoOCR.
- Multithreading / parallel processing ensures high processing throughput
- Processing profiles (as XML) to manage the compression settings (New, Copy, Rename, Delete, Import, Export – Single, All)
- Compresses existing PDF files by a multiple depending on the initial situation and settings.
- Removes – unused pages, unused names, invalid bookmarks, invalid links, etc.
- ZIP compression of all PDF resources.
- Optimizing the color depth of images.
- Change Image Compression – Color, Grayscale, Black & White – LZW, RLE, JPEG, ZIP, JPEG-2000, TIFF Gr.4, JBIG-2.
- Reduce pictures – Converting of images to new target resolution is separately configurable for color, grayscale, black & white.
- Many setting options for JPEG, JPEG-2000, JBIG-2 compression
- Lossless and lossy compression on JPEG-2000 and JBIG-2 configurable
Maintenance agreement is optional but highly recommended!
Maintenance includes updates, patches and product support. Also applies to software products by the manufacturer or X KEY MAY Computer GmbH: New Releases (change the first digit of the version number) you receive under this agreement by 50% of the list price. Licenses for a new release within 6 months of purchase, customers receive free of charge with upright maintenance agreement.
A maintenance agreement for the MAY or XKEY products is valid for 12 months and is payable in advance. The maintenance agreement will not automatically be renewed, but we do remind you of this possibility in time.