AddOn für FileConverterPro ::
Based on PDFMerge we brought out a PDFMerge Client for the FileConverterPro (FCpro) Server. It makes it possible to produce document conversions and compilations as PDF or PDF/A from any workplace. The PDF-conversion and processing of the documents is done via a FileConverterPro Server-service reachable in the local network or via the internet, which is addressed with SOAP / REST through HTTP(S). With that resources can be used collectively more efficient: the local computers get relieved, applications installed centrally (MS-Office, DWG/DXF converter) get installed centrally and used together and don’t have to be installed on the local workplaces.
Differences to a local installation of PDFMerge:
- The PDF or PDF/A conversion doesn’t take place locally but via HTTP(S) communication through a central FCpro service.
- No local installation of MS-Office, DWG/DXF converter needed – because the central FCpro service is used.
- No configuration of own local conversion profiles needed – selection of centrally predefined FCpro profiles.
- Document preview only possible for image and PDF documents.
- More compact setup – 65MB to 240-500MB – because the PDF converter and the OCR engine aren’t installed locally.
- Simplified usage because less configuration possibilities are available.
- Cost-effective option to produce PMT / PMTX files on any workplace to process them via a FCpro Server or PDFMerge.
Maintenance agreement is optional but highly recommended!
Maintenance includes updates, patches and product support. Also applies to software products by the manufacturer or X KEY MAY Computer GmbH: New Releases (change the first digit of the version number) you receive under this agreement by 50% of the list price. Licenses for a new release within 6 months of purchase, customers receive free of charge with upright maintenance agreement.
A maintenance agreement for the MAY or XKEY products is valid for 12 months and is payable in advance. The maintenance agreement will not automatically be renewed, but we do remind you of this possibility in time.